As an experienced member of software developer core team, you will design, implement, test and benchmark software implementations of Granite Devices' in-house products. Based on your personal preferences and skills, you will have a chance to participate in multiple projects based on variety of technologies, tools and platforms. You will be supported for acquiring new skills.
Based on your personal interests, your daily development activities will be related to coaching the software team members, designing software architecture, API specification, writing business logic for device configuration tools and drivers, as well as the core behavior of the devices itself. You will be able to leave your significant fingerprint on Simucube product software implementation and features.
- Collaborate and take a lead in a core software developer team to achieve common goals efficiently and with high quality
- Coach and mentor your team members on your core competences
- Contribute to product specifications, architecture and implementation
- Strive towards better software development practices
- Holistic approach for understanding and designing high-quality and reliable software
- Eagerness to learn novel technologies and self-improve
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Habit of producing readable code and documentation
- Familiar with currently used key technologies, or ability to learn them
- C++14 or later
- Unit testing
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent depth other education
Desired additional skills
- Desktop application development
- Understanding of communication protocols
- Emerging technologies & programming languages (i.e. Rust)
Is Granite Devices right for you?
Are you eager to work in a passionate team with few of the brightest people in Finland? Do you prefer to contribute your excellence in team where team cohesion, respect of one’s opinion, and employee well being and quality of life are the company's first priority? And do you like to work in a relaxed manner with flexible working hours, remotely or locally?
If that sounds good to you, act now. The fact that we're still a small small company just starting our 2021's hiring round in order to fuel our recent major breakthroughs, means there's a brief opportunity to gain a very significant role in our core team.
What kind of people are we looking for?
We only hire people who are persistent, self-motivated, take ownership of their work, and are driven by curiosity and challenge. We value self-acquired skills as well as formal education.
Position closing in
If you feel this is not for you, do you know someone who might be interested?
Let your friends know about these fine core team opportunities. If the person you affected gets hired at Granite Devices for at least 6 months, you will be granted a €1000 headhunter's bonus, or at your choice a Simucube 2 Pro. To get your prize, ask your friend to refer you in the job application, or contact us promptly after he or she gets hired.
It's worth noting that even sharing this career in your social media will make you eligible to the bonus if the hired person gets found that way. Thank you for sharing this!
Note: potential taxes or duties are not covered by the prize.