Using BiSS encoder
BiSS support details
As BiSS is quite wide standard supporting large number of different setups and device types, it is important to acknowledge the properties BiSS interface in GD drives. In current firmware, following properties apply:
- Support BiSS B and BiSS C devices
- Read of multi-turn (MT) and single-turn (SD) data from encoder
- Single-turn resolution from 6 to 24 bits
- Multi-turn resolution from 0 to 16 bits
- The sum of ST+MT bits must be between 6 and 32 bits
- Error detection by the means of
- No response from encoder
- Bit transfer error occurred causing large position jump to trigger tracking error
Current firmware version limitations:
- No absolute encoder information is utilized, motor still needs to do Phasing a.k.a. phase search and Homing to get absolute operation.
- No data CRC verification. Suggested workaround is to apply sensible tracking error limits.
- No multidrop BiSS supported. Only one encoder may be connected.
- No cable delay compensation implemented. Encoder cable length should be less than 5 meters.