Argon user guide/Earthing
Connecting a protective earth to Argon drive is the most crucial single connection to be made:
- Earthing through the J4 PE terminal (always required)
- Earthing the heat sink (always required)
- Earthing the device case (always required)
|Supplying power to the drive without proper earthing will allow leakage current to raise voltage potential of the device case to hazardous levels. Also ELV circuits (the other ports than J4) may become hazardous without earthing.|
Earthing through the J4 PE terminal[edit | edit source]
This is a mandatory connection. Follow the Argon wiring instructions.
Earthing the heatsink[edit | edit source]
Attaching protective earth wire to the heatsink and case is mandatory in addition to the PE connection in J4 terminal. Parts needed:
- 1 pcs wire ring terminal with 4-5.5 mm hole with at least 20 Ampere capable earthing conductor
- 2 pcs M4 serrated/toothed lock washers
- 1 pcs M4 screw, 6-8 mm thread length
Earthing the enclosure[edit | edit source]
- 1 pcs M4 wire ring terminal
- 1 pcs M4 serrated washer
- 1 pcs M4 regular washer
- 1 pcs M4 screw
After fixing the earthing wire, measure the connection to verify proper contact through the Argon paint.
Verifying connection[edit | edit source]
After wiring, verify electrical connection by using a resistance meter between the case PE wire and J4 PE terminal while J4 PE wire is not connected.