This page lists few feedback devices that are supported by Granite Devices drives. This list may be useful if motor need to be equipped or retrofitted with a compatible feedback device.
This list is not intended to be a complete list of compatible devices as the list would consist thousands of models. For example than 99% of available incremental encoders that accept 5V supply voltage are directly compatible. To determine compatibility read the drive user guides & specifications.
- CUI AMT-102 (low cost, but has some latency that reduces servo stiffness. Available from Digikey 102-1307-ND and from other distributors.
- USDigital incremental encoders with single ended or differential output
- RLS incremental encoders with RS422 outputs
- Renishaw incremental encoders with RS422 outputs
- Most Avago/Agilent incremental encoders with single ended or differential output
- All with differential analog outputs with 1 Vpp output amplitude and 5V supply voltage
- Example Heidenhain ERN 1080
In no event the Product Information or parts hereof shall be regarded as guarantee of conditions or characteristics. The Product Information or any part thereof may also not be regarded as a warranty of any kind. No liability of any kind shall be assumed by Author with respect to Product Information or any use made by you thereof, nor shall Author indemnify you against or be liable for any third party claims with respect to such information or any use thereof.
As content of this Wiki may be edited by user community, Granite Devices Oy or it's affiliates do not take any responsibility of the contents of this Wiki. Use information at your own risk. However, Granite Devices staff attempts to review all changes made to this Wiki and keep information trustworthy.
Without written consent, Granite Devices' Products or Intellectual Property shall not be used in situations or installations where living beings, material property, or immaterial property could be harmed by the operation, features or failures of Product. Products may only be used in a way where hazards like moving parts, electric shock, laser radiation, or fire can't be realized even if the content of this Wiki would suggest otherwise.