This page describes how to verify valid functionality of SimpleMotion V2 USB adapter.
- Windows PC (XP or later, 32/64 bits) with 2 free USB ports
- 2 pcs of SimpleMotion V2 USB adapters
- Ethernet cable with RJ45 connected (normal straight connected cable, not cross linked type)
- D2XX driver
- USB-SMV2-tester application
Getting drivers & application[edit | edit source]
- Download and install D2XX driver from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm. The recommended driver is WHQL Certified setup executable or try direct link to to a suitable driver http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20828_Setup.exe.
- Download testing application from http://granitedevices.com/assets/files/apps/USB-SMV2-tester.zip and copy zip contents to hard drive.
- Start USB-SMV2-tester application
- Plug 2 pcs of adapters to computer and connect them with a RJ45 cable.
- Once 2 pcs of adapters have been listed in upper text field, click Start test button.
- View result
- To test more devices, just unplug USB adapters and go to step 2.
2 pcs of adapters plugged in USB ports and connected with a standard RJ45 ethernet cable
Properly found 2 pcs of adapters (devices listed in upper text field) after application started
Screen after successful run with properly working adapters
Screen after failed test. In this test RJ45 cable was unplugged causing an error.
In no event the Product Information or parts hereof shall be regarded as guarantee of conditions or characteristics. The Product Information or any part thereof may also not be regarded as a warranty of any kind. No liability of any kind shall be assumed by Author with respect to Product Information or any use made by you thereof, nor shall Author indemnify you against or be liable for any third party claims with respect to such information or any use thereof.
As content of this Wiki may be edited by user community, Granite Devices Oy or it's affiliates do not take any responsibility of the contents of this Wiki. Use information at your own risk. However, Granite Devices staff attempts to review all changes made to this Wiki and keep information trustworthy.
Without written consent, Granite Devices' Products or Intellectual Property shall not be used in situations or installations where living beings, material property, or immaterial property could be harmed by the operation, features or failures of Product. Products may only be used in a way where hazards like moving parts, electric shock, laser radiation, or fire can't be realized even if the content of this Wiki would suggest otherwise.