Versatile Servo Drive VSD-E/XE (Evolution)
VSD-E & VSD-XE is a state of the art precision servo motor drive/controller for AC and DC servomotors and stepping motors. Possible control methods include position, velocity and torque modes. Built-in motion profiler enables simple point-to-point moves as well as continuous synchronous motion tracking.
VSD-E is perfectly matched to wide range of motors from 5 to 1500W, thanks to unique high dynamic range torque control (HDRT). Two independent current sensing ranges provide ultra low noise and high torque resolution, the most critical tool in position and velocity controls.
VSD-E features industry standard pulse/direction, quadrature, PWM and analog control inputs in addition to a device specific SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) protocol. Drive supports encoder & hall sensors feedback. The VSD-E can be easily controlled from PC or LabVIEW with SimpleMotion library and also connection to fieldbuses like EtherCAT or CANopen (more info) is possible.
VSD-XE has the same technology equpped with machined high performance heatsink enabling higher continuous current ratings.
VSD-E & VSD-XE has been designed and manufactured in the northern Europe conforming the highest quality standards.
Every VSD-E/XE drive model supports all of the following motor types (software selectable). To find out if this drive is suitable for your motors, please see manual chapter 13. Motor compatibility.
- Easy setup via GDtool software
- SimpleMotion control library for PC, C/C++/C#, LabVIEW etc
- Various low level command inputs (step/dir, PWM, quadrature, ±10V)
- Easy connection to fieldbuses like EtherCAT or CANopen (more info)
- Most AC/BLDC/DC and linear servo motors supported
- Advanced sinusoidal field oriented control (FOC)
- True current control protects equipment and boosts responsiveness
- 12-160 VDC supply voltage
- 10A cont. 20A peak output for AC/BLDC motors
- 14A cont. 40A peak output for brush DC motors
- Reliability guaranteed by wide safety margins and quality components
- Electrical & mechanical braking of motor in faults & disable
- Fully automatic internal homing controller
- Optimized for CNC and machine automation
- Robust 200V 60A MOSFET power stage
- Panel installation, 19" rack compatible. See example.
- Regenerative brake resistor output
- Hard to kill: short circuit, over current, over temperature, I²t, over voltage and under voltage protections
- Advanced positioning with acceleration limit and smoothing
- Wide selection of control I/O's, see Connectivity.
Note: specifications are subject to change
See short videos demonstrating VSD-E/XE applications:
Click to enlarge
Check also side box links for additional downloads (software, firmware, manuals, app notes)
Getting started with VSD-E & VSD-XE (practical approach)
Pricing & Availability
VSD-E/XE is not recommended for new designs. VSD-E series will be sold only until stocks lasts. For VSD-E/XE successors, see ION and ARGON servo drives.
VSD-E may be easily installed through panel