IONI device model comparison
The main difference between IONI and IONI Pro is that Pro model will get more advanced functions as downloadable upgrades.
- Available exclusive IONI Pro features
- SinCos 1 Vp-p encoder support
- Motor torque cogging & ripple compensation
- Notch filter for advanced vibration damping
- Power consumption limit (useful with switch mode power supplies)
- Homing function and soft travel limits that work in all control modes, not just position control mode
- Torque mode effects: damping, friction and inertia (useful in simulator applications)
- SimuCUBE simulator motherboard support
- The planned IONI Pro features are
- Support for EtherCAT field bus (through separate EtherCAT to SimpleMotion V2 bridge device)
- True dual-loop feedback position control
- Serial encoder support (TBD)
The planned features are implemented as user downlodable firmware. Firmware upgrades are free.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
The table below summarizes the full list of realized differences. All base features are available in all models. For full list of features, see IONI specifications.
|Feature||IONI||IONI Pro||IONI Pro HC|
|Max output current (AC/BLDC/Stepper)||15 A||18 A||25 A|
|Max output current (Brush DC)||23.4 A||30 A||30 A|
|Supply voltage range||5-52 VDC||5-52 VDC||5-55 VDC|
|Feedback device (i.e. encoder) resolution||100-65535 P/R||100-15000000 P/R|
|Max encoder count rate||0-4 MHz||0-18 MHz|
|Pulse and direction setpoint frequency||0-4 MHz||0-8 MHz|
|Quadrature setpoint frequency||0-1 MHz||0-2 MHz|
|Sin/Cos encoder support||No||Yes, selectable resolution interpolation factor 16X, 64X or 256X|
|Motor torque cogging & ripple compensation (anticogging)||No||Yes|
|Notch & peaking torque filter (advanced machine resonance attenuation)||No||Yes|
|Motor homing function availability||Yes, in position control mode||Yes, in position, velocity and torque control modes|
|User definable HV DC bus power consumption limit||No||Yes, 1-1000 W at 1 W steps|
|Torque mode effects (simulator applications)||No||Yes|
Note: specifications and planned updates are subject to change without notice.