Please read the ATOMI introduction page for overall description.
| Servo/stepping motor drive
|| Closed loop control of various types of servo motors by sinusoidal field oriented control with dead-time distortion correction and high dynamic range torque control.
- Synchronous AC & BLDC motors
- Sinusoidal and trapezoidal commutated
- SPM (Surface Permanent Magnet) and IPM (Internal Permanent Magnet) types
- Brush DC motors
- Linear motors
- Iron core
- Ironless (with external inductive filter)
- Stepping motor, 2 phase (4,6 or 8 wires)
| Control modes
- Torque control
- Velocity/speed control
- Position control
| Setpoint types
See setpoint signal / reference inputs list
| Closed loop
|| Cascaded control loops (PIV):
- Torque / current control, update frequency 20.0 kHz
- Velocity control, update frequency 2.5 kHz
- Position control, update frequency 2.5 kHz
|| Feed-forwards working in velocity & position control modes:
- Acceleration (inertia canceling) feed-forward
- Velocity (friction canceling) feed-forward
|| Integrated homing function for position control mode:
- Sensorless hard-stop homing
- Home switch search
- Index pulse search
- Soft position limits (eliminate limit switches)
| Feedback devices
- Quadrature (incremental) encoders
- Safe torque off with 3-way redundancy
- Charge pump enable input
- Stopping motor on errors
- Tracking error (velocity & position)
- Over speed error
- Limit switch
- DC motor runaway prevention on feedback loss
- Communication error detection
- Over current
- Short circuit (phase-to-phase)
- I2t motor thermal protection
- Over & under voltage
- Over temperature
| Power supply
- Externally supplied 12 – 49 VDC
- Single power supply operation mode, no separate power supply needed for logic
| Motor output current 1
- AC/BLDC/Stepping/Linear motors (current specified as peak of sine):
- Brush DC motors:
|| CE (LVD & EMC): EN 61800-5-1:2007, IEC 61000-6-1:2005 and IEC 61000-6-3:2006.
- The device is Low Voltage Directive (LVD) compliant up to 42 VDC power supply, and above that level the supply voltage is considered hazardous, so external measures (such as or isolation or protective impedance) are necessary to prevent human contact to any circuit connected to the device.
- In order to meet EMC standard requirements, a proper installation and wiring is necessary. Refer to user guide for proper installation.
1) Currents achievable continuously only with with sufficient coolant air flow. Without forced cooling, typically 30-45% of the maximum range can be driven continuously. Despite of this, maximum current is available for short periods of time even without cooling. Current is automatically throttled on temperature rise to protect the drive.
ATOMI device model comparison
ATOMI connectors and pinouts page also has the electrical specifications for connectors.
In no event the Product Information or parts hereof shall be regarded as guarantee of conditions or characteristics. The Product Information or any part thereof may also not be regarded as a warranty of any kind. No liability of any kind shall be assumed by Author with respect to Product Information or any use made by you thereof, nor shall Author indemnify you against or be liable for any third party claims with respect to such information or any use thereof.
As content of this Wiki may be edited by user community, Granite Devices Oy or it's affiliates do not take any responsibility of the contents of this Wiki. Use information at your own risk. However, Granite Devices staff attempts to review all changes made to this Wiki and keep information trustworthy.
Without written consent, Granite Devices' Products or Intellectual Property shall not be used in situations or installations where living beings, material property, or immaterial property could be harmed by the operation, features or failures of Product. Products may only be used in a way where hazards like moving parts, electric shock, laser radiation, or fire can't be realized even if the content of this Wiki would suggest otherwise.