Commissioning of KANZ servo motors
Wiring[edit | edit source]
Wire preparation[edit | edit source]
KANZ motors come with pre-assembled cables for Argon servo drive (encoder and motor part). However, some motor models include excessive 4-pin terminal for motor part that needs to be stripped away.
The excessive 4-pin connector that need to be cut away. Stripping 3-5 cm of black outer insulation is recommended to make space for EMI suppression cores.
|Ensure that insulation of inner wires have not been damaged in the process of wire stripping and that there is no loose wire strands|
Connecting[edit | edit source]
Pre-made encoder cable plugs directly into Argon J1 connector and motor U, V, W and PE connect to J4 terminal to their respective positions. Insert EMI suppression cores as illustrated below:
Parameterization[edit | edit source]
For parameterization, make sure you understand Argon drive parameterization basics. To speed up commissioning of motor, pre-made base configuration files are provided for stocked servo motors. Instructions for using the files:
|When loading settings, have drive disconnected from AC power for safety reasons. Ensure that all settings and wirings (including emergency stopping) are ready before connecting AC power.|
- Download KANZ motor configuration files: Media:KANZ Argon base settings.zip
- Connect drive to Granity (instructions)
- Click Load settings from file and open corresponding configuration file. Choose the file that is most has similar beginning with motor mode (i.e. KANZ04... file for KANZ-04BF8N2 motor).
- Click Save settings on drive non-volatile memory and if choose Apply and Restart drive buttons in the dialogs that may appear
- After drive restarts, connect again to drive and review all settings. For first testing safety it is recommended to reduce current limits Peak current limitMMC and Continuous current limitMCC to a lower value (such as 20% of rated values) in order to limit motor torque if unexpected motion takes place. Also set control mode Control modeCM as required by end application.
- After all Ok, click Apply settings and you're ready to connect AC power for first tests.
- Go to Testing page and begin motor tuning according to Servo motor tuning guide
|Pre-made motor configuration files may have significantly different motor resistance Coil resistanceMR and inductance Coil inductanceML values compared to motor data sheet. Pre-made files are hand-optimized to give better performance than entering values from data sheet, so it is recommended to leave these values untouched.|