Argon user guide/Making the first Granity connection
Preparations[edit | edit source]
- Download and install the Granity software. Lates version is downloadable from the link: Granity software for windows (approx 15 MB)
- Connect PE of J4 connector to protective earth. After that wire 24 VDC power supply to Argon's J3 connector, however do not power up yet.
- Set Argon DIP switches to give an bus address to the device.
- Connect Argon J2.1 connector to SimpleMotion V2 USB adapter with a straight Ethernet cable and plug USB adapter to computer.
- Power up the 24 VDC power. Some leds should start blinking at the drive (more about blinking sequences).
- Launch Granity software and:
- Go to Connect tab
- Ensure that "SimpleMotion V2 Adapter" is selected from drowdown list called Communication interface device. (note 1)
- Click Connect to drive
- Once list of connected drives pop up, select the one you connected and click Open
Now if everything has gone well, you should see information like drive model and serial number on the Connect tab. Connection has been successfully tested and drive may be disconnected to proceed with next setup step.
Note 1) If multiple choices are named as "SimpleMotion V2 Adapter", then try each of them to find the correct one. Also if no adapters found, try launching Granity again as the list updates only at start-up.