Single axis motherboard for IONI drives with force feedback functionality|
AC, DC, BLDC, Stepper|
Active production, started 2016|
|DC supply voltage
20 - 49 VDC|
CE (EMC & LVD directives)|
Simplified chart of a SimuCUBE FFB simulator setup.
SimuCUBE is a complete simulator force feedback controller for single motorized actuator such as a steering wheel or a force feedback lever. Typical SimuCUBE applications include vehicle and equipment simulators.
SimuCUBE is is a modular device where motor is being controlled by an IONI Servo & Stepper Drive (sold separately) and torque Setpoint generation is being done by on-board dedicated 32 bit ARM microcontroller.
To browser detailed information, please refer to the SimuCUBE pages, located on the right side of this page.
How SimuCUBE helps simulator builds[edit | edit source]
The main function SimuCUBE is to aid implementing Force feedback system (FFB) such as simulator steering wheel or other motorized actuator. SimuCUBE main contributions in this area are:
- Modular design: SimuCUBE is a motherboard with force feedback controller where IONI Servo & Stepper Drive plugs in as a motor driver
- Drive motors up to 30 Nm torque
- High fidelity feedback achieved by real-time force effect generation on hardware
- Eased installation
- Single 20 - 49 V DC supply (switching and linear power supply compatible)
- Direct USB connectivity (USB HID game controller device with Microsoft DirectInput compatibility)
- Connect external pedals, buttons and levers to the four on-board RJ45 connectors
- Modern acrylic enclosures for SimuCUBE are readily available
- Allow customer specific extensions due to open source hardware and firmware
For further introduction, see SimuCUBE product page.
See SimuCUBE web store page for the current stock status, pricing and ordering.
Read the following info box carefully:
|SimuCUBE based Force feedback system (FFB) pose high mechanical danger that may cause serious injuries to living beings, cause damage to external property or loss of profits. Always operate SimuCUBE based system with maximal caution.
For your own safety, do not operate SimuCUBE if you don't understand these dangers
- Beware of very high sudden torques or vibrations produced by motor attached to SimuCUBE - these are expected even in normal operating conditions
- Be aware that malfunction of misconfiguration may cause uncontrolled or higher than normal motor rotation or torques
- End-user's responsibility is to ensure that motor, or items connected to the motor can not cause damage due to rotation, torque or vibration
- Always be ready to let go from the motor or parts connected to it (i.e. take hands off the simulator wheel)
- Make sure that a reliable stopping method is available and user reachable at all times (reliable method: unplugging AC power). Note that unplugging power might not stop motor immediately.
- Do not try to stop spinning motor by hands or other mechanical means
- Note that wheel, cables or other items attached to motor may hit objects or living beings and may have damaging effects. User's responsibility is to control this danger and take responsibility of the possible consequences caused by moving items.
- Ensure that motor has been rigidly fixed to avoid it getting loose under extreme vibrations
- Understand that the responsibilities of the manufacturer of the SimuCUBE are limited to fulfilling the technical specifications and functions of the device. The technical function includes production of high torques and speeds on a large motor. Understand that spinning motor or high torques produced by it are considered operation within specifications, so potential damages caused by such operation are not within liabilities of the manufacturer.
- Commonly used motors may exceed torque of 30 Newton meters and rotation speed of 1000 rpm when attached to SimuCUBE
- Due to high electric currents, motor, cables or IONI drive may get dangerously hot (skin burns, fire hazard)
In no event the Product Information or parts hereof shall be regarded as guarantee of conditions or characteristics. The Product Information or any part thereof may also not be regarded as a warranty of any kind. No liability of any kind shall be assumed by Author with respect to Product Information or any use made by you thereof, nor shall Author indemnify you against or be liable for any third party claims with respect to such information or any use thereof.
As content of this Wiki may be edited by user community, Granite Devices Oy or it's affiliates do not take any responsibility of the contents of this Wiki. Use information at your own risk. However, Granite Devices staff attempts to review all changes made to this Wiki and keep information trustworthy.
Without written consent, Granite Devices' Products or Intellectual Property shall not be used in situations or installations where living beings, material property, or immaterial property could be harmed by the operation, features or failures of Product. Products may only be used in a way where hazards like moving parts, electric shock, laser radiation, or fire can't be realized even if the content of this Wiki would suggest otherwise.