Argon user guide/List of things needed
From Granite Devices Knowledge Wiki
- The list of necessary things to build a working servo system with Argon
- Argon drive
- SimpleMotion V2 USB adapter
- 2 or more RJ45 Ethernet cables (see details & examples)
- Regulated 24 VDC power supply, output capability at least 0.5A per drive
- A Argon compatible servo motor
- Shielded power conductors for AC input, motor and braking resistor. Non-shielded will also work but increase EMI.
- Fuses with fuse holder
- Windows PC
- Motion controller. This may be also a software on a computer.
- Optional but highly recommended items
- Emergency stop button (normally closed NC type) or equivalent
- Braking resistor
- Ferrite core EMI filters, samples included with Argon package
- AC Power line filter, see list of recommended types here
- Needed for high current motors (>4A average)
- A cooling fan and/or additional heat sinks. See list of compatible heat sinks here.
- Tools needed
- Wire cutter
- Skills needed
- Qualified electrician skills (license to make mains AC connections)
- Basic knowledge of servo systems
See also Mating connectors and accessories.