ARGON Servo Drive
|Device type||Servo motor drive|
|Supported motors||AC, DC, BLDC, Linear|
|Control modes||Position, Velocity, Torque|
|Status||Active production, started 2013|
|DC supply voltage||84 - 380 VDC|
|AC supply voltage||85 - 264 VAC|
|Output current range||0.1 - 16A|
|Setpoint signals||Pulse and direction, PWM, Analog, SimpleMotion V2|
|Feedback devices||Quadrature encoder|
|Web site||Granite Devices ARGON|
|Compliance||CE (EMC & LVD directives)|
Argon is a digital servo drive designed for driving AC/BLDC and DC servo motors in various operating modes.
State of the Art
- High dynamic range torque control
- Wide range motor support, from DC, BLDC, AC and Linear, from 50 W to 1500 W
- Sophisticated dead-time distortion elimination
- Flexible feedback device port supporting incremental, serial and analog encoders and resolvers ¹
- Dual CPU architecture with dedicated open source ARM CPU for user functionality
- High functional density and cost efficiency: all features included in the standard model
- 3-level PWM output with reduced motor heating
- Input setpoint signals including pulse and direction, quadrature, analog and PWM
- Multidrop & multiaxis capable real-time SimpleMotion V2 field bus for setup & control
- Internal axis homing function with sensorless hard-stop operating mode
Protections & Ruggedness
- 3-way Safe torque off with motor braking
- Prevent machine damage via I²t (motor temperature modeling), blocked motion and tracking error detection
- Industry leading ruggedness: over current, short circuit, over voltage, under voltage and over temperature protections, internally fused, data/communication error detection
- Internal AC inrush current limiter and surge protection
- High tolerance for fluctuations in AC supply voltage
- Warranty 24 months
¹) Check up-to-date feedback device support from firmware changelogs.
- Industrial servo control
- Precision robotics
- Semiconductor handling
- Food & white goods
Functionality and specifications
See main article Argon specifications.
Documentation & user guides
See the main article Argon setup guide.
Shipping worldwide at Granite Devices web shop.
In no event the Product Information or parts hereof shall be regarded as guarantee of conditions or characteristics. The Product Information or any part thereof may also not be regarded as a warranty of any kind. No liability of any kind shall be assumed by Author with respect to Product Information or any use made by you thereof, nor shall Author indemnify you against or be liable for any third party claims with respect to such information or any use thereof.
As content of this Wiki may be edited by user community, Granite Devices Oy or it's affiliates do not take any responsibility of the contents of this Wiki. Use information at your own risk. However, Granite Devices staff attempts to review all changes made to this Wiki and keep information trustworthy.
Without written consent, Granite Devices' Products or Intellectual Property shall not be used in situations or installations where living beings, material property, or immaterial property could be harmed by the operation, features or failures of Product. Products may only be used in a way where hazards like moving parts, electric shock, laser radiation, or fire can't be realized even if the content of this Wiki would suggest otherwise.